Things you need to know about perms are the topic of today’s post and the reason I’m doing another post on curly perms is the fact that there are way too many important things to know about them and great tips for a perfect perm that deserve to be shared.
We’ve covered the basics, let’s go into details now, shall we?
Take a peek at these interesting things you need to know about perms before you decide to give this treatment a go.
1. Undamaged Hair is the Best Base
One of the basic #things you need to know about perms is that they won’t look very good if your hair has sustained serious damage.
If it’s bleached or dried out, the curls won’t curl as much as frizz and the extra round of chemicals won’t help your hair look any healthier either!
Furthermore, double processing might even cause your ends to turn so brittle that they’ll start falling off on their own!
Consult a stylist before you decide to get your hair permed or try this simple test at home.
Pluck one hair and lower it into a bowl of water.
If it continues to float on the surface, you can consider your hair healthy enough for experiments;
if it sinks, that means the hair is too porous and will probably turn frizzy and dry after a chemical treatment such as this one.
- 7 Things You Need to Know about Gel Manicures ...
- Perm Hair
- 7 Things You Should Know about Dyeing Your Hair ...
- 7 Things You Need to Know about Nail Polish Formulas ...
- 7 Ways to Instantly Turn Oily Hair 🙀 into Healthy, Gorgous Locks 😻 👏 ...
- 7 Styles for Girls Who Want to Protect 💪🏼 Their Hair While 😴 Sleeping 💤 ...