Dandruff is one of those beauty issues that we’d rather not talk about but it’s a really common issue that many people face.
To put it simply, dandruff is basically the skin on your scalp flaking.
While we all experience the skin on our scalp flaking off, sometimes there is an imbalance of bacteria on our scalp that causes excessive shedding.
Now that we know a little more about the cause of dandruff, let’s get to the most important part-how to get rid of it!
Sure, there are lots of over-the-counter remedies available but if you want to go the most natural route or just want a more affordable option, check out the DIY remedies below.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Are you surprised to see ACV on this DIY remedy list?
ACV is like coconut oil, it can do just about anything!
To use ACV for dandruff relief, mix one part ACV to two parts ACV and pour it into a spray bottle.
Spritz your scalp and hair evenly and rinse well.
ACV clarifies your scalp and can also prevent the yeast that causes dandruff.
Bonus tip: if you’re crazy about coconut oil like I am, you can also use it for dandruff as well!
Before you wash your hair, apply 3-5 tablespoons of coconut oil into your scalp and leave it on for an hour minimum.
Next, wash your hair as usual.
The coconut oil should double as a conditioner so you’re all set to go!
- How to Protect 🛡 Your Hair from Dandruff 💆🏻💆🏽💆🏼💆🏿 in the Winter ❄️ ...
- DIY Home Remedies ⚗️ to Cure Dry Skin 😣 ...
- Super- Effective Home Remedies 💊 Direct from Your Spice Rack🌱 🌿 ...
- 7 Helpful Home Remedies for Dandruff ...
- Wear These 👉🏼👇🏼 22 Sexy Low Updos 💆🏼💆🏿💆🏽💆🏻 for Any Event 🎊 ...
- 30 Mind Blowing Natural Remedies🌱🔝 That Will Give You Jaw-Dropping Hair Growth 🚀💥 ...