Braids for curly hair tend to be a little bit tougher to control than braids for straight hair.
As someone with fairly uncontrollable curls, I’ve learned what works well and what doesn’t.
In the sweltering summer heat, braids are a fantastic way to keep your hair from plastering itself to your head while looking either casual or chic!
Try these braids for curly hair and you can tame your curls in no time!
1. Boho Fishtail Braids
I almost always use fishtail braids as my go-to braids for curly hair.
They take a bit longer to accomplish than a traditional braid, but they look fancier and they tend to hold those chaotic curls in place a bit better!
For this pretty style, separate your hair into pigtails.
Braid one pigtail into a fishtail braid until you reach the halfway point.
Take the braid and wind it once around the other pigtail.
Now create a fishtail braid with that pigtail, incorporating the bottom half of the first braid into the new one.
If you don’t know how to make a fishtail (also known as a herringbone braid), type it in on YouTube, where there are hundreds of “How-To” demonstrations!
- Perfectly 👍🏼 Gorgeous Braids 🙆🏾🙆🏼🙆🏽 to Keep His Eyes 👀 on You during Date Night 🚻 ...
- 7 Rules 📜 of Hair Salon Etiquette 🙏🏼 Every Girl Must Know 💇🏼💇🏽💇🏻💇🏿 ...
- Curly Hair Updos
- 7 Amazing Styles for Curly Hair ...
- 7 Tips on How to Love Your Curly Hair and Rock It like a Superstar ...
- Sick of Having Long Hair 😩? Check out These 50 Long Bob Inspos Now ✂️👏❤️ ...