Relaxers are available in a variety of strengths, intensity, ingredients.
No matter the composition, each includes chemicals that alter hair composition to create a straighter ‘more relaxed’ look.
The chemicals also leave your hair vulnerable to easy damage.
Relaxed hair needs special attention.
A gentle hand, proper tips and tools will help you maintain the integrity of your strands and prevent against damage from heat styling, manipulation and products.
Take a moment to peruse these eleven tips for relaxed hair care.
Your strands will thank you for the love.
1. Professional Application
Relaxer application is serious business.
This curl-loosening/strand softening product contains chemicals that can cause permanent damage if done incorrectly.
Consult a professional for the best results.
If a stylist is not an option for you, there are many affordable, easy to use boxed application kits.
If you use an at-home product please be sure to enlist the help of a friend.
Never underestimate the helpfulness of a second set of eyes and hands.
- 11 Tips for Caring for Curly Haired Kids ...
- Over Processed Hair
- 7 Helpful Relaxed Hair Care Tips ...
- 8 Essential Hair Care Tips for Gorgeous Hair That Every Girl Should Know ...
- 21 Killer 👊🏼 Bangs That Will 💯 Keep Your Updos Looking 👀 Adorable 😍 ...
- The 20 Hottest 🔥 Hair Trends 💆🏿💆🏽💆🏼💆🏻 of This Summer ☀️ for Trendy Girls 😎 ...